The support of volunteers is an essential component of our work to protect the environment. If you want to support us with your work, experience and enthusiasm, we offer you the following options:
Live a unique and unrepeatable experience and learn from the world of sea turtles with us, at the same time you connect with nature and help our conservation work.
Activities that you will do as a volunteer:
During turtle nesting season (July-December), you will help us with the daily tasks of the camp, such as:
- Relocation of nests (night patrol between 22:00 to 06:00 a.m.) and installation of nest in the protective hatchery
- Hatchery monitoring and release
- Data collection of nesting females and nests
- Cleaning of nests and data collection hatchings
- Support in maintenance activities and cleaning of the camps.
- Support in environmental education talks and group management.
- Support in the development of teaching material, souvenirs for sale, environmental education and work for the camp
- Be of legal age.
- Have health insurance.
- Acceptable physical condition.
- Do not suffer from any chronic disease.
- Minimum stay of one month.
- Attitude of team work, availability to work at night and collaboration for any work related to the camp and under the supervision of the responsible technician.
- Cover a single donation of $ 2,000.00 MXN ** ($ 1,000 MXN Students with valid credentials) and around $ 3000 MXN per week for food.
Volunteer dates and application process
Duration of the project: from July 1 to December 15 of each year
Start date: any time during the duration of the project. Subject to availability.
Send the registration form a minimum one month before the date you plan to visit us.
Specific start date must be indicated in the Volunteer Form.
Contact us via email for more information
YOUR HELP IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US, CONTACT US AND BE PART OF A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!
REMOTE VOLUNTEERING (AT DISTANCE)
If you cannot come to the camp, you can help us from home! Dedicating a few hours a week can contribute greatly to the improvement of our work.
Your professional experience can be of great help to us. We recruit volunteers in the following areas:
– Business Administration
– Graphic design
– Social networking
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.